o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Permission to engage...

andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Finished the mockup of the MoTeC C125 UI. Really happy with the redesign for the larger display with more room to place with. I believe the MoTeC allows for 3 pages at the moment so that is what I designed for now. Tire temp is actually completely possible. In this case it is just display the average temp. Tire pressure is as well but a little pricey to do properly. Should be possible to log much more as well but only some things are useful to see in real-time while in the car. The plan would be to make a custom mount for the display to sit to the right of the AC controls.

Also. Notice how you can just easily embed an Instagram post. :) All you need to do is post a link to your specific post and it will automatically get embedded properly. So for those that don't want to manually upload photos to a host, you can very easily just post Instagram links if you want as well. Makes it pretty simple for those that use Instagram a lot but don't want to take the extra time to post elsewhere.
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II...

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

Arsenal
7000rpm
Great Britain

Have you done the rigid collar kit? Can't remember if I saw it or not. Funny seeing the garage pics as we have a nearly identical setup

Sillyboybmxer
7000rpm
United States of America

Am I thinking correctly that you would use a tablet or phone to display the readings or is there another item that would or could be mounted in front of the current cluster???

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Sillyboybmxer wrote:Am I thinking correctly that you would use a tablet or phone to display the readings or is there another item that would or could be mounted in front of the current cluster???
NO! :slap:

This is a mockup for a MoTeC C125/C185 display logger. Would be mounted to the right of the AC controls.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Arsenal wrote:Have you done the rigid collar kit? Can't remember if I saw it or not. Funny seeing the garage pics as we have a nearly identical setup
Yep this is the first change I ever made to the car.

Sillyboybmxer
7000rpm
United States of America

Were you at a place yet where you can share the dynos for the new ohlins? Im debating swiching from my penske shocks (i think theyre overkill ) and the ohlins are all id consider but know the basic ones are too soft.

profitable
7000rpm
United States of America

This is an awesome build thread, and website. Thank you for creating it!

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Sillyboybmxer wrote:Were you at a place yet where you can share the dynos for the new ohlins? Im debating swiching from my penske shocks (i think theyre overkill ) and the ohlins are all id consider but know the basic ones are too soft.
Yeah I will get them to you soon.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

profitable wrote:This is an awesome build thread, and website. Thank you for creating it!
Thanks, and thanks for joining!

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Origin radiator + Samco hoses installed

Had a really annoying issue with my dealer installed alarm that was installed in the car when the original owner got it, I believe the main brain failed which kept the car from starting. I initially thought it was the battery, but charged it up and balanced and it was fine. I decided to take it in to Trackspec Autosports to have my friend Son (n00dler) take a look. I thought the starter had likely failed at this point since it had been making some noises on startup and everything else checked out, so starter was replaced and issue remained. The main starter wire had a break due to the alarm brain most likely failing, so that was bypassed to get the car starting properly again. Very annoying, but it did motivate me to bring the car in and also have the new Origin radiator and Samco hoses installed. I plan on dropping the car off at my car stereo shop to have them pull out the rest of the alarm guts i think.

The Origin radiator is just the right depth to be able to fit ok with the Mugen airbox. Fitment seems to be spot on and fits right up with the ASM cooling plate. The way the billet endtanks reflect light is crazy, they make really interesting stripe patters depending on which angle it is viewed. It is actually really cold here at the moment so hard to do any real testing as far as cooling performance. But as with most larger radiators, I expect this should stabilize temps faster than the OEM unit and keep them consistent. I have never had any major issues with the OEM unit luckily but at 116,000 miles I was getting more and more wary of those plastic end tanks failing.

I also got a few shots of the ASM steering rack braces that get installed along with the front lower bar.

Sillyboybmxer
7000rpm
United States of America

No pictures on the wood floor????

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Sillyboybmxer wrote:No pictures on the wood floor????
viewtopic.php?p=623#p623

:slap:

Sillyboybmxer
7000rpm
United States of America

I dont know how i missed that

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Sillyboybmxer wrote:I dont know how i missed that
There are very few parts I haven't taken wooden floor photos of.

Return to “Projects”