o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Permission to engage...

andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Endless Mono 4 brake kit

Endless Mono 4 kit for S2000!

Endless Japan's motorsports caliper kit for the S2000. 324x30mm rotors, 18mm thick pads, forged and hard anodized monobloc calipers weigh 4.63lbs, billet TUFRAM coated rotor hats with floating rings. I opted for CCrg pads with my kit and got additional CC43 pads and spare rotor rings.

Lots of nice details like rotors with heat paint already applied. Optimized rotor hat with material only in the direction of force from the rotor, vented caliper pistons, and a nice large pad shape. These calipers and rotors have been popular in a variety of motorsports in Japan from time attack, D1, and even SuperGT. Will be interesting to see how long pads and rotors last, this is not one of the best value for money braking options for the S2000, but it is definitely one of the coolest!

Not entirely sure which S2000 these will go on yet..
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II...

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Some quick rough testing to check clearance with 17x9.5 +47 CE28N. Looks to be around the same clearance as Spoon calipers. The caliper sits quite a lot further from the center compared to spoon so even easier on clearance. This isn't exactly where the calipers will sit but close enough to get a good idea.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Here are some more photos of the brake setup in the wheel because I still had it setup and the lighting looked really good this morning.

The exposure was a bit bright when I posted these to Instagram so this is a more accurate representation of the color of the wheel.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

People always ask about how the exhaust sounds. Here are some quick shots from my phone after leaving work late last night. Listen on some good speakers or headphones!

4000rpm
United States of America

Thank you for blessing our ears.
S + miles = Smiles

ju5t1n
6000rpm
Australia

andrewhake wrote: Some quick rough testing to check clearance with 17x9.5 +47 CE28N. Looks to be around the same clearance as Spoon calipers. The caliper sits quite a lot further from the center compared to spoon so even easier on clearance. This isn't exactly where the calipers will sit but close enough to get a good idea.
Is there a template for this kit available? Is it designed to work with the ABS system and stock rear brakes?

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

ju5t1n wrote:
andrewhake wrote: Some quick rough testing to check clearance with 17x9.5 +47 CE28N. Looks to be around the same clearance as Spoon calipers. The caliper sits quite a lot further from the center compared to spoon so even easier on clearance. This isn't exactly where the calipers will sit but close enough to get a good idea.
Is there a template for this kit available? Is it designed to work with the ABS system and stock rear brakes?
Yes.

ju5t1n
6000rpm
Australia

andrewhake wrote:
ju5t1n wrote:
Yes.
got a link? I couldn't find this info on endless website :confused:

nomadic_s2k
4000rpm

andrewhake wrote:11-27-2014

Amuse R1 front bumper installed

I will get out and shoot some real photos soon with the new bumper installed.
Hi @andrewhake! I've been following your AP2 build via Instagram for quite a long time, and I love how the Amuse R1 front bumper looks! I was thinking about getting one for my Silverstone Metallic AP2 too. While I've heard on s2ki that the Silverstone is pretty hard to get paint matched. Would you mind my asking where did you get your bumper painted? Thanks!

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

ju5t1n wrote:
andrewhake wrote:
ju5t1n wrote:
Yes.
got a link? I couldn't find this info on endless website :confused:
https://endless-sport.co.jp/brake_calip ... RM4-16.pdf

They provide a rough non car specific template. I knew from this I would have plenty of clearance by comparing to a Spoon brake template made for the S2000.

The piston sizes on the Mono 4 caliper are appropriately sized for the S2000. Pretty similar to other S2000 caliper piston sizes available. Same goes for ABS.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

nomadic_s2k wrote:
andrewhake wrote:11-27-2014

Amuse R1 front bumper installed

I will get out and shoot some real photos soon with the new bumper installed.
Hi @andrewhake! I've been following your AP2 build via Instagram for quite a long time, and I love how the Amuse R1 front bumper looks! I was thinking about getting one for my Silverstone Metallic AP2 too. While I've heard on s2ki that the Silverstone is pretty hard to get paint matched. Would you mind my asking where did you get your bumper painted? Thanks!
The bumper was painted a long time ago at a local shop in San Jose that has now become another show with different owners. The last stuff I got painted (the rear bumper and trunk/wing combo) was done at Signature Autobody in LA. Silverstone is definitely tricky to match though. You really just have to be willing to pay for the time needed to do a proper match.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Toda Sports Injection Kit + Dry Carbon Surge Tank + ISCV kit

Toda Toda Toda time. Toda Sports Injection kit for AP2 S2000! This is something I have always wanted to do on an S2000, and information and other things started to align where I think it is a real possibility. For the F22C Toda provides the same fuel rail used for K-series engines as the injectors are the same type as the DBW S2000s. This is far from bolt on and I plan to work with a few others who have developed similar setups. Will require fuel system changes as well as stand alone ECU, as well as some other details. Should be a very fun project!

I mentioned to Toda that I will using this on an AP2 S2000. In Japan all AP2 S2000s are DBW models, so they provided the kit with a fuel rail that will work with the DBW fuel injector type, which apparently is the same as is used on K20 engines. Hence the "K" on the fuel rail. This will make for some interesting fuel injector options.

Again ITBs aren't really a plug and play bolt on affair. Toda's kit makes it about as close to that as possible, but with the territory also comes the need for stand alone ecu, some fuel system and vacuum changes, among other things. Luckily I am working with someone who has a lot of experience that knows much more about all of this than I do, so I should be able to avoid a lot of headaches. And of course a good tuner is paramount.

The Toda dry carbon surge tank is an incredibly nice pre-preg carbon airbox. Just like the dry carbon trumpets, they are clearly made with proper metal molds and everything fits together perfectly. The camlock latches on the box are simple and effective and seal the box up nicely.

I got the kit with the 88mm dry carbon trumpets, but I also plan on testing with the 66mm trumpets as they will likely work best with the carbon airbox. I also got the ISCV kit Toda offers which will help maintain a proper idle when more electrical lid or load from AC is put on the engine. I will definitely post up all the details as profess is made.

As you can see the 88mm trumpets do take up a good amount of space in the airbox, which is why Toda recommended 66mm trumpets when using the airbox. Having spoken to others about it that have been able to test, the difference is fairly negligible and mostly comes down to the ECU tune, so will be interesting to test. It is simple to remove the airbox and swap out the trumpets so should be fairly easy to test different options. Very much looking forward to getting started and testing everything out!

Kram
5000rpm
United States of America

Ho lee shit. REALLY looking forward to seeing/hearing those ITBs on the car. :thumbsup:

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

4000rpm
United States of America

My favorite Symphonies! Thanks for continually blessing our ears.

Yeah will definitely be posting more soon!
S + miles = Smiles

Return to “Projects”