Resan
7000rpm
Netherlands

Resan's S2000 - New Chapter

Hi everyone,

This build thread will be a new chapter for my S2000. I won't show and talk too much about my old setup. If you want to know more about my old build, you can find my build on S2KI. I have owned this UKDM RHD S2000 for 4 years now and bought it as a bone stock S2000. Here is what my car looked like, before I removed and sold pretty much all the parts you see in these pictures.

In the first few year I didn't really have a great understanding what parts suited and performed best on a S2000 to be honest. I actually bought a few parts that made the car slower and I bought a couple of replica parts that I regret buying. So from now on, I only buy genuine parts. The first years were definetly a learning process and there is still a lot to learn. After 4 years of research, thinking and a few changes to the car , I finally came to the conclusion that I basically wanted something like a "Type-R S2000". I quite often explore the limits of my car, so it's my wish to make it perform better in every way possible. A car you could take to a track, but also use as an everyday car and drive hard on the streets. This means changing a lot of stock parts for better performing & esthetically pleasing parts. I want to choose parts that would compliment that vision and not over do it. I don't want a track monster. It also has to be somewhat quiet and comfortable when I'm driving casually. The first changes in 2017 will mostly be aero and suspension components. The brakes, interior and engine will be upgraded at a later stage. All of 2016 I have been slowly collecting parts. Here are the majority of those parts.

SE37K

I sold my 17x9 et40 SE37K's and got a set of 18x9.5 et28 SE37K's. I found these wheels on Japan auction. They weigh in at 17.4 lbs. The wheels do have some curbrash, so I need to anodize the lips again, but this is not my priority right now.

Testfitting with 245/35 Federal 595 RSR tires. I mounted 2 wheels with 245 tires and the other 2 with 255's. The plan is to eventually run 255's allround.

Amuse Powerhouse Legalo Bumper

Looking at many videos and pictures of Arvou S2000's and Amuse S2000's this really convinced me to get a Legalo front end. The design of an Amuse R1 and Legalo frontbumper is pretty much perfect in my opinion and it adds to the already beautifull lines of the S2000. The Legalo front end in particular adds more length, width, performance and aggressiveness with its diffuser, canards and vents. Exactly what I need and want. The frontbumper still holds some features that resemble an OEM facelift bumper which I think is great. I also really wanted a front end which was streetable for everyday use and the Legalo bumper still offers a fair bit of groundclearence.

A testfit together with the wheels. The fitment is pretty spot on. Minimal work has to be done to make it all fit perfect. The bottom part of the bumper will be painted in color.

Amuse Powerhouse Legalo Canards & Licenseplate Holder

So I went on a little trip to Japan. This was a good opportunity to get a pair of Legalo canards. I contacted Bulletproof if I could pick them up. This would safe me a few hundred Euros. The canard portion will be painted black because then the shape of the frontbumper becomes more obvious. I also bought a titanium Amuse front licenseplate holder while I was there.

Back home I installed the canards. There were 3 little round markings on the bumper, so you would know exactly were to drill.

ZEAL/Endless Function X Coilovers

These coilovers are 30 way adjustable with 8kg springs. They drive so much better than the BC Racing coilovers I had before. Soak up bumps really well and I can feel more feedback through the steeringwheel. They feel firm, but not too harsh and feel comfortable just cruising. It's pretty amazing. I do like to upgrade the springs in the future.

Voltex Overfenders

I had to wait almost 7 months for these to come in, because of limited production. My first plan was to install Voltex overfenders on each corner, so I bought front Voltex overfenders made specifically for the Voltex frontbumper. These are slightly longer than the regular ones and my initial plan was to modify them to fit my Legalo bumper, but after my trip to Amuse I really think Legalo fenders are the way to go. In reallife they look so great. I still plan on using the rear Voltex overfenders and most likely modify and mold them on the rear quarterpanels.

I had to satisfy my curiosty and testfit the Voltex overfenders, Amuse bumper and wheels to see how it all looks. Looking at the front end, I think I want a Honda emblem on it. Not sure yet if I should do red Honda emblems. Most Amuse S2000's have red emblems and I usually like how it looks. On a SSM S2000 I'm not really too sure.

So that's about it for all the parts. The car will be in storage this winter in stock form. I have already bought a new JDM prefacelift rear bumper. This will arrive somewhere in Januari. The EDM rear is just so ugly with the big licenceplate cutout... Next thing on the list are Legalo fenders. When I get those parts in, I would like to respray the whole outside of the car, because right now the rear end of the car has dents and some rust here and there. I also got hit by a 18 year old kid a few months ago, so my right rear quarterpanel has a huge dent.

Current parts list:
In red are previously owned parts

Engine & Exhaust

5Zigen Superlap 2" Exhaust
ARC Intake

Blox Velocity Stack
Blox Airfilter
Cartrenz Carbon Air duct
Invidia Testpipe
Mishimoto Gold Heatwrap
OEM Intake Box Gutted
Spoon N1 Exhaust
Spoon Oil Cap
Spoon Reservoir Covers
Spoon Radiator Brackets
Spoon Radiator Cap

Exterior & Aero

Aeroworkz Japan Carbon Lip
Amuse Legalo Bumper
Amuse Legalo Canards
Amuse Licenseplateholder
J's Racing Carbon Trunk
J's Racing Carbon Double Canards
Kadean-Dev Carbon GT Wing

OEM Facelift Headlights
OEM Prefacelift V2 Headlights
Tamon Design Carbon Spoiler
Voltex Rear Overfenders
Voltex Front Overfenders

Suspension & Chassis

BC Racing Coilovers
Blox Driveshaft Spacers
Endless/Zeal Function X Coilovers
Spoon Lower Rear Brace

Interior & Soundsystem

Blox Limited Edition Gold Heavy Shift Knob
Boston Tweeters
Bosten 2 Way Speakers
Personal Neo Grinta 330mm Leather Steering Wheel
Pioneer Radio
Subwoofer 8"

Wheels & Tires & Brakes

Falken Azenis FK453 F 245/40 & R 255/40 tires
Federal 595 RSR F 245/35 & R 255/35 tires
Project Kics R26 Neochrome Lugnuts
Stoptech Brakepads
Volk Racing Bronze SE37K 17x9J ET40
Volk Racing Bronze SE37K 18x9,5J ET28

Parts Coming:

Amuse Legalo Frontfenders
OEM JDM Rear Bumper
OEM Rear Spoiler
OEM Side Strakes

andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Good to see your car on here! Can't wait to see it all done with the Legalo front end. Should look great with the lower portion body color and the black canards. Would love to build a car with a Legalo front some day.
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II...

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

Topic Author
Resan
7000rpm
Netherlands

Yes, this forum works and looks great so I felt I had too. :thumbsup: The end result should be great. I can't wait! I'm still not sure yet if I should paint the canards matte black or gloss black. I have seen a S2000 with matte canards and I like it. The lower part of the rear bumper also has matte black accents, but on the otherhand it might look a little like plastic. Thinking about it, maybe I should've just bought the carbon Legalo canards haha. Ah well.

andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Resan wrote:Yes, this forum works and looks great so I felt I had too. :thumbsup: The end result should be great. I can't wait! I'm still not sure yet if I should paint the canards matte black or gloss black. I have seen a S2000 with matte canards and I like it. The lower part of the rear bumper also has matte black accents, but on the otherhand it might look a little like plastic. Thinking about it, maybe I should've just bought the carbon Legalo canards haha. Ah well
Yeah I actually do like the lip on the Legalo painted black too, but it really does have the effect of making the front end look higher than the side of the car. As you said, I think if I was to do it, I would do the Legalo front painted body color, and see about getting the carbon canards and leave only the canards carbon. I would bet just the canards are rather expensive in pre-preg carbon though.
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II...

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

Topic Author
Resan
7000rpm
Netherlands

andrewhake wrote:
Resan wrote:Yes, this forum works and looks great so I felt I had too. :thumbsup: The end result should be great. I can't wait! I'm still not sure yet if I should paint the canards matte black or gloss black. I have seen a S2000 with matte canards and I like it. The lower part of the rear bumper also has matte black accents, but on the otherhand it might look a little like plastic. Thinking about it, maybe I should've just bought the carbon Legalo canards haha. Ah well
Yeah I actually do like the lip on the Legalo painted black too, but it really does have the effect of making the front end look higher than the side of the car. As you said, I think if I was to do it, I would do the Legalo front painted body color, and see about getting the carbon canards and leave only the canards carbon. I would bet just the canards are rather expensive in pre-preg carbon though.
The lip will most definetly be painted in color. Yeah, I want a continues lower body line from front to back. I will most likely get the dry carbon canards at some stage and shave the ones I have now so I can switch between them, when I take the car to the track. I can't find a price on them though. I have a feeling they will be double or even triple the price. I would still buy them though. In the meantime I think I will paint the FRP canards gloss black like most do.

Shakeel
7000rpm
Australia

Some days I wish I bit the bullet and went with the Amuse Legalo front end. It just looks so damn good!

Topic Author
Resan
7000rpm
Netherlands

Shakeel wrote:Some days I wish I bit the bullet and went with the Amuse Legalo front end. It just looks so damn good!
Sometimes it's better to just go for it and buy the things you really want and don't think too much how much it costs. I think exterior wise I like to think I had a pretty "ok" S2000 before, so for me it was a big step to sell most of my parts and turn my car back to stock. A build might take longer and cost more money this way, but in the end I think you will be much happier with your car and then you will be glad you "bit the bullet". ;)

TsukubaCody
7000rpm
Zimbabwe

I like the matte black in the photos above, nice car OP!

BlueBottle
7000rpm
Philippines

Nice build!
My Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=99

Return to “Projects”