K&N FIPK Intake Opinions

Gains or Sound?

GPW AP2
7000rpm
United States of America

K&N FIPK Intake Opinions

What do you guys think about the K&N FIPK? For me I've only had this intake ever since I installed it on my car 4.5 years ago (out of 5 year ownership). I had the distinct feeling then that it helped a bit with throttle response over stock, but more impactfully, it made the VTEC crossover much more louder and stronger. I don't really think it helped with any gains...perhaps only in cold nights it may make more of a difference. I haven't had the chance to drive other S2Ks with different type of intakes, and I figured it wasn't going to make much difference anyhow.
2006 Honda S2000 :vtec:

Kenny
7000rpm
United States of America

From what I gather it makes some small gains, but most like it because it looks good and sounds even better. As with most mods, you can only get the most out of it with a tune. I ran mine for a year before I went supercharged, and had no complaints. There are "prettier" intakes out there, but you'll spend more money and get minimal gains.

TsukubaCody
7000rpm
Zimbabwe

I personally hate how the K&N looks, to the point where I bought a stock intake & new OEM filter to replace it.....only to decide to keep the K&N because I like the sound and never open my hood other than to check/fill the oil.

My biggest complaint with it is the high pitched whistle it causes, found on both my car & a friend's car with the FIPK.

If the car hadn't come with the FIPK, I'd not have bought it personally.

alSpeed2k
7000rpm
Canada

It makes gains, but only on the top end. I did a 4th gear pull with my buddy in his CR, we were neck and neck, once we hit vtec, it was over. :)

I was stock + intake, he was stock.

Return to “Intake”