o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Permission to engage...

Vlads2k
2000rpm
Ukraine

Awesome build thread, I enjoyed reading through all of it!

I have a question regarding the PCI passenger mount. I have the same mount and seat and if I slide it back anywhere close to where yours is sitting I can't access the inside rear mount bolt, the pci side mount completely covers it. Did you trim part of your mount to gain access?

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Vlads2k wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 8:57 pm Awesome build thread, I enjoyed reading through all of it!

I have a question regarding the PCI passenger mount. I have the same mount and seat and if I slide it back anywhere close to where yours is sitting I can't access the inside rear mount bolt, the pci side mount completely covers it. Did you trim part of your mount to gain access?
Ah yeah for passenger inside rear bolt it can be a little tricky to tighten down. You really just have to use an extension to access it and find a good way to insert the bolt. I usually tear off a finger tip of my nytril gloves and put that in my socket to sort of hold the bolt into the socket in the extension and use the extension shaft to place and screw in the bolt initially before torquing down. The mount shouldn't cover it though not sure what you mean there?
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II...

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

Vlads2k
2000rpm
Ukraine

andrewhake wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 9:00 pm Hmm what do you mean exactly? Do you mean to access the inside rear mount bolt to tighten it? Just mount the front bolts and then slide the seat forward and use extensions to access the rear bolts. Or maybe you are referring to something else?
Yes the inside rear mount bolt. This would work for the drivers side as it's on rails but the passenger mount is fixed (I have a 2006). I know I can loosen the 4 bolts that allow you to slide it forward or back but once it's bolted to the floor I don't see how I would have any access to tighten the 2 rear bolts (that allow it to slide).

Vlads2k
2000rpm
Ukraine

Yes the mount is completely covering it! And my seat is not even as far back as yours. I'm stumped. I bought the whole setup used so now I'm thinking maybe they installed something wrong. I'll have to take it apart and reassess. For reference it appears to be the exact same PCI as yours and it's also a Pole Position.

Also good call on the nylon glove idea, I'll give that a try. Thanks man!

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Vlads2k wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 9:17 pm Yes the mount is completely covering it! And my seat is not even as far back as yours. I'm stumped. I bought the whole setup used so now I'm thinking maybe they installed something wrong. I'll have to take it apart and reassess. For reference it appears to be the exact same PCI as yours and it's also a Pole Position.

Also good call on the nylon glove idea, I'll give that a try. Thanks man!
Oh you probably have your side mounts flipped around backwards then? The side mounts definitely shouldn't be covering that hole. I have mine so the longer skinny end is facing forward.

Mine are setup like this:

Vlads2k
2000rpm
Ukraine

Oh my god they are backwards! This is hilarious :banghead:. I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier reading through your thread. I knew something wasn't right!

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Vlads2k wrote: Mar 14th, 2022, 9:30 pm Oh my god they are backwards! This is hilarious :banghead:. I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier reading through your thread. I knew something wasn't right!
Easy fix at least! Yeah the side mounts are designed to work either way so for some cars different orientations will work better.

Return to “Projects”