o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Permission to engage...

MikeRT4
7000rpm
Great Britain

Have you got before and after dyno plots for the ASM throttle body yet? It is supposed to have almost 10% improvement in flow - has that transpired in any performance benefits?
Mike R
Sarcasm is just a free service I provide.

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right :lol: .

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

MikeRT4 wrote:Have you got before and after dyno plots for the ASM throttle body yet? It is supposed to have almost 10% improvement in flow - has that transpired in any performance benefits?
I did the ASM throttle body along with many other parts and tune so I don't have data on this. All of the data Toda has provided has been consistent with recorded data from third parties though so I have no reason to believe it isn't accurate. You will definitely not be looking at any massive power increases, more about optimization than anything. I found there to be a noticeable different in throttle response throughout the rev range, a bit subjective but I think that is the biggest benefit one you are looking at. There is probably a certain amount of power increase though.
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II...

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Sillyboybmxer wrote:Its an amazing machine.
I swear to god Lance, just get in the fucking car.

I will never get over that dead look on Lance's face when he said, "it's an amazing machine."

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Valve adjustment

Did another valve adjustment yesterday, finally had the time to do one of these on my own. Exhaust valves a bit tight as usual with 06+ models. Definitely amazing at how much a valve adjustment can smooth out low speed throttle inputs in 1st gear. Ended up swapping the spark plugs and coil packs as well since I had them available. The coil packs I had because I thought one of mine had failed, but ended up being unrelated to the issue I was having. Went ahead and swapped them out with no real reason other than they were there.

MikeRT4
7000rpm
Great Britain

andrewhake wrote:
MikeRT4 wrote:Have you got before and after dyno plots for the ASM throttle body yet? It is supposed to have almost 10% improvement in flow - has that transpired in any performance benefits?
I did the ASM throttle body along with many other parts and tune so I don't have data on this. All of the data Toda has provided has been consistent with recorded data from third parties though so I have no reason to believe it isn't accurate. You will definitely not be looking at any massive power increases, more about optimization than anything. I found there to be a noticeable different in throttle response throughout the rev range, a bit subjective but I think that is the biggest benefit one you are looking at. There is probably a certain amount of power increase though.
Letting the side down - I expected more from you with definitive before and after plots - you've obviously become giddy with the overdose on carbon :slap: !
Mike R

Nordschleife, there's only two barriers to worry about - the ones on the left and the ones on the right :lol: .

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

MikeRT4 wrote:
andrewhake wrote:
Letting the side down - I expected more from you with definitive before and after plots - you've obviously become giddy with the overdose on carbon :slap: !
It's not that I am not interested, it's just at some point it is a pointless endeavor to replicate individual results when clear information has already been provided and results are consistent. It becomes more of an exercise in self-gratification than anything. If they didn't already provide the data I wouldn't buy the parts. I don't have access to an engine test bench like they do, and fresh F20/F22Cs to objectively test parts and minimize the variables.

Also, many of these parts are designed as part of a package, and more importantly they aren't necessarily additive. So you test a testipe, and then test a header, and then and exhaust, and look at all those deltas, doesn't mean you are going to be able to add all that together with all the parts installed and expect the same results. It makes a lot more sense to test the package of parts you actually intend to run and use day to day, and find the best combination and minimize compromises. Mid-range power is my largest priority and the package of parts I have chosen to use reflect that.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

ASM pulleys

The gang's all here. Going to get these installed along with the crank pulleys and fresh alternator and TCT tomorrow.

MikeRT4
7000rpm
Great Britain

andrewhake wrote:
MikeRT4 wrote:
andrewhake wrote:
It's not that I am not interested, it's just at some point it is a pointless endeavor to replicate individual results when clear information has already been provided and results are consistent. It becomes more of an exercise in self-gratification than anything. If they didn't already provide the data I wouldn't buy the parts. I don't have access to an engine test bench like they do, and fresh F20/F22Cs to objectively test parts and minimize the variables.

Also, many of these parts are designed as part of a package, and more importantly they aren't necessarily additive. So you test a testipe, and then test a header, and then and exhaust, and look at all those deltas, doesn't mean you are going to be able to add all that together with all the parts installed and expect the same results. It makes a lot more sense to test the package of parts you actually intend to run and use day to day, and find the best combination and minimize compromises. Mid-range power is my largest priority and the package of parts I have chosen to use reflect that.
I read that and all I see is "Bla-bla, excuse, bla-bla lame, bla-bla lazy" :nono: . Sort it out or you are dead to me :slap: .

To restore the status quo, please revert back to standard throttle body and previous map , dyno, re-fit throttle body and new map, dyno again and post overlaid graphs :lol: .

Excuses will not be tolerated or accepted :nono: :P .
Mike R

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

MikeRT4 wrote:
andrewhake wrote:
MikeRT4 wrote:

I read that and all I see is "Bla-bla, excuse, bla-bla lame, bla-bla lazy" :nono: . Sort it out or you are dead to me :slap: .

To restore the status quo, please revert back to standard throttle body and previous map , dyno, re-fit throttle body and new map, dyno again and post overlaid graphs :lol: .

Excuses will not be tolerated or accepted :nono: :P .
Yeah that's gonna be a no for me dawg.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Toda + ASM pulleys installed + new alternator

All the new pulleys installed at TrackSpec Autosports along with the new alternator. Dash flicker resolved and engine as responsive as ever. Something I always try (and fail) to explain to people is the different between throttle and engine response. While something like the throttle body and intake and tune have an impact on throttle response, things like a lighter flywheel and pulleys have an impact on engine response. Throttle response being the actual reaction of the throttle compared to pedal inputs. With engine response being how fast the entire engine responds and outputs power once receiving air from the throttle. Changing to a lighter flywheel will have a larger impact than swapping on these lighter pulleys, but still noticeable for sure. Definitely a good combination with the AP1 flywheel.

Here are some other photos taken at the shop before heading home.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Checking how much angle of attack is available on the wing and just admiring it at the gas station.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Had an amazing day at a local mountain road that had been closed for the day for filming some promotional stuff for FormulaD driver Matt Field. I was helping a friend shooting some RED slo-mo footage while they were busy filming in chase cars and from drones.

I put in a run at the end of the day. Pretty amazing to have the entire road available. No time to setup camera and audio so no video unfortunately.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

My car wash setup is quite strong now.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

ASM shift boot + Sakebomb Garage DFV remote adjustors

Thanks to the ASM distributor in Taiwan (https://www.instagram.com/jam_intl/), I was able to pick up an ASM shift boot. ASM was selling some as used parts, even though they were brand new. They had an extra so I messaged them and they sent one out to me that day.

This shift boot is designed with a tighter neck, so it fit perfectly with my FD2R shift collar. With the OEM boot I needed a little rubber grommet to hold the boot up, but the ASM boot sits nicely where it should.

I also picked up some Sakebomb Garage rear remote adjustors for the DFVs. They are much nicer than the ones Ohlins offers, and are designed to be mounted to the rear interior panels. Super easy to install and work as expected. Still quite easy to determine clicks. It wasn't that big of a deal to remove the rear interior panels for rear adjustments (on the left side I removed a few clips to make moving the panel out of the way simpler), but even better not having to worry about it at all now.

Soviet
7000rpm
United States of America

Rear coilover adjustment knobs look fantastic :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Return to “Projects”