GPW AP2 - My S2000 Journey

Since October 14, 2011

GPW AP2
7000rpm
United States of America

GPW AP2 - My S2000 Journey

Love what you're doing with the forum, Andrew. I'll use this opportunity to redo my build thread in a more concise, informative format! :D
8 official track days so far, countless mountain runs, and many meets have graced my S2000 for the past 5 years. I'm hoping to never have to sell my S2000 and will continue its evolution (perhaps I'll be ordering from the Spoon Sports catalog in the near future!).

Miles as of this post: 106666
Miles as of the 1st day of ownership: 61680
Tracks visited:Thunderhill East, Thunderhill West, Laguna Seca, Sonoma Raceway (parade laps only)

Current spec: :rev:

List of Parts (not a complete list)

Exterior:
Forbidden-USA OEM-style hardtop
OEM CR Wing
OEM CR Lip
Volk CE28n - Titanium Silver 17x7.5 +50 17x8.5 +47
WASPcomposite side diffusers - ABS plastic
Spoon Sports convex side mirror insert and socks (for brake & powersteering fluid)

Interior:
JPM Coachworks shift boot and elbow pad
Euroboutique alcantara steering wheel
CR Radio Door
Moddiction Anvil 2 Power Coated Shift Knob
Modify Cupholder, Phone Holder
Replica Recaro PP driver seat

Chassis + Power:
K&N FIPK intake
Autotek Carbon Fiber cooling plate
Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers
CR swaybars + steering rack stiffeners
eXedium differential collars
Science of Steel brake lines
Berk Test Pipe 63.5mm
UK-mod applied to the stock exhaust

Misc:
Pioneer DEH-P8400H deck
Amazon.com white vinyl tape (for covering the black windshield tape)
Password JDM battery stay and vanity bolts
Broadway 300mm rearview mirror

Timeline:
Oct 2011 - Purchased the car from a dedicated owner in Sacramento. Car was bone stock with only clear sidemarkers swapped on, logged at 61680 miles.
Nov 2011 - Started with some minor interior alterations (CR Radio Door, Modifry Cupholder-Glove Box Organizer-Phone Holder, JPM Coachworks elbow pad & shift boot)
Jan-Mar 2012 - 1st performance (!) mods - K&N FIPK intake w/ Autotek Cooling Plate - for some slightly added throttle response and glorious VTEC crossover enhanced noise.
Spring 2012 - Added AP2 lip, Clazzio Seat Covers
Summer 2012 - CR wing added...it was at this point I realized that I had to finish the job and complete the CR conversion. I would be hunting for the chance to purchase a used CR suspension later in the year.
Fall 2012 - On a chance craigslist listing, was able to purchase CR suspension, sway bars, and steering rack stiffeners all at once! Immediately noticed the amazing handling improvements once installed.
Jan-Mar 2013 - Obtained CR wheels and CR lip to complete the look. Would add differential collars, Type S emblem, stainless steel brake lines and other minor mods throughout the year.
February 2014 - Drove to LA and bought a brand new OEM-style FRP hardtop from Forbidden-USA, painted in white. I could have gone black top, but decided the white finish would make the car it's own identity instead of simply a CR clone.
June 2014 - Lowered the car with Swift Spec-R springs, for a perfect match with the CR struts and lowered look. Added the alcantara steering wheel and Berk test pipe as well.
February 2015 - Replaced the CR suspension with Fortune Auto Series 500 coilovers (kept the CR sways), and also added the replica Recaro pole position seat from a friend of mine. I realized at that point I should have done these mods first :rofl:
August 2016 - Bit the bullet and got a set of CE28n's (front 17x7.5 +50, rear 17x8.5). Love how light they feel, but they came with all-season Continental DWS tires that did not perform to my expectations at the track. I will be getting some new tires for my next track day. (hopefully back to the Hankook RS3s I like very much!) :vtec:

Last edited by GPW AP2 on Nov 8th, 2016, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Honda S2000 :vtec:

Topic Author
GPW AP2
7000rpm
United States of America

Reserved :thumbsup:

Topic Author
GPW AP2
7000rpm
United States of America

Reserved #2 :vtec:

Shakeel
7000rpm
Australia

Car looks awesome!

s1 s2
7000rpm
Canada

Very nice! CR parts cost too much :crazy:

BlueBottle
7000rpm
Philippines

Loving the direction this vehicle is going!
My Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=99

TsukubaCody
7000rpm
Zimbabwe

I love this. Great looking car!

JamesD89
7000rpm
United States of America

Are you using the Forbidden supplied seals on your hardtop? Any problems? Mine are always great for a few month then it all becomes a noisy mess so I'm trying to find a solution.

Car looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Topic Author
GPW AP2
7000rpm
United States of America

JamesD89 - I am using the Forbidden USA supplied brackets, and they were noisy from the start too. What I did is use Honda's Shin-etsu grease on all contact points and seals, and they helped take away the noise. They had petroleum jelly when I went down to LA to buy the top from their shop, but it ended up being too noisy still.

Soviet
7000rpm
United States of America

I didn't realize the hardtop was not OEM, how is it working out for you?

Topic Author
GPW AP2
7000rpm
United States of America

The replica does the job, but eventually I may replace it with a legit OEM hardtop, or go the Spoon route. No problems with rattling or fitment with the replica.

Topic Author
GPW AP2
7000rpm
United States of America

Been a while since the last update. I'll just go through what I've been through recently.

Engine oil pump decided to die from a foreign object when I tracked at Buttonwillow (Feb 2020). Hard decisions had to be made. Went all-in and sprung for a brand new block, performed by Rcrew in SSF. Very happy and just about to break in the new engine. We also did the clutch and new engine mounts which made a ton of difference as both were also worn out.

Engine: New bottom end, newly rebuilt head
Additional: New OEM clutch w/ AP1 flywheel and clutch delay valve delete

Can't wait to finish the break-in process. Also had done other things like gold wrapping the K&N intake tube, new internals in the OEM alternator, legit Recaro seat, and installed new Euro AP2 glass for the tach (9k!). It'll work perfectly with my Flashpro tune (8400 redline).

Return to “Projects”