Modifry DCI.
Have the same setup, quite worth it :thumbsup:
:vtec:

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Ray's Engineering Airguage overseas edition

I have been hunting for this one for awhile, and it finally started becoming available through US Ray's distributors. I picked mine up through ICBmotorsports.com.

Love this thing! Nice large dial that is very well protected and can be read in the dark. The chuck is much easier to attach to the valve and get a consistent reading compared to my other gauges. The air release valve is also very consistent, much less variance when bleeding air and rechecking. Reading when bleeding air is identical to reattaching to valve and rechecking. I really like how the dial is designed and labeled as well. Also comes with a nice case, which is a good place to also store the valve stem caps I rarely use, and my valve removal tool. Expensive but well worth it.
o_O S2000 | Mark I Stage II...

That’s thirty minutes away. I’ll be there in ten.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

ASM GT Front lower bar + Spoon rigid steering rack bushings

Ikeya Formula arms and Spoon steering rack bushings are getting installed tomorrow, so I also decided to pick up the ASM front lower bar I have been after since the steering rack will need to be removed anyway to install the rigid bushings. Those extra little arms connect the front of the steering rack to the anti-roll bar mounting area, and my ASM GT tower bar connects to the back of the steering rack, so all that combined with rigid bushings should make for a nice improvement in feedback from the steering.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Samco radiator hoses

I will be tackling engine cooling soon once a few more parts arrive. I decided to replace the OEM radiator hoses with some slightly higher spec Samco hoses. With 116,000 miles on my car I figure I should replace the radiator hoses to be safe, and might as well go do a slight upgrade while I am at it.

TsukubaCody
7000rpm
Zimbabwe

That tire gauge is real neat.

Sillyboybmxer
7000rpm
United States of America

What radiator did you decide on????

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Sillyboybmxer wrote:What radiator did you decide on????
Should arrive early next week.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Ikeya Formula front upper arms installed

Finally got the Ikeya Formula front upper arms installed. I ended up setting them up very conservatively at only 2mm shorter than the stock arms. This provided a little extra clearance as well as offset the caster range from around 6-9 degrees. I kept the alignment the same a -3 front, 6.4 caster, 0 toe, -3 rear, 1/16th" total rear toe in. I wanted to see how the car feels with the new arms and other parts that were installed. I will probably try experimenting with shortening the arm by a few more millimeters and maybe some more caster.

The ASM front lower bar was also installed along with the Spoon rigid steering rack collars. You can see the front ASM steering rack supports that come with the front lower bar in the photos of the Ikeya Formula arms. I will get some photos of the front lower bar the next time I have the car up in the air.

Soviet
7000rpm
United States of America

For such a quality piece I'm surprised they don't have threads for the ABS line bracket. Looks ballin tho. Do you plan to do anything about the zip ties in the future?

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Soviet wrote:For such a quality piece I'm surprised they don't have threads for the ABS line bracket. Looks ballin tho. Do you plan to do anything about the zip ties in the future?
Yeah would be cool to have a more integrated solution, but really trying to come up with something that is bolted on without weakening the arm while also being as light as zip ties would be difficult. I can't imagine they are really put under any stress so I am sure they will hold up for a very long time.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

Origin radiator

Origin radiator to go along with the Samco hoses! Decided to go with the Origin for the beautiful billet end tanks and just the overall quality and craftsmanship. Really beautifully made. This radiator uses a 40mm core. Big thanks to Mark at Origin and Anish at Speed Freaks for getting this to me. :tipwink:

Not sure why I waited so long on getting a radiator but I'm glad I did with parts like this becoming available.

djdoc
7000rpm
Korea South

andrewhake wrote:Ikeya Formula front upper arms installed

Finally got the Ikeya Formula front upper arms installed. I ended up setting them up very conservatively at only 2mm shorter than the stock arms. This provided a little extra clearance as well as offset the caster range from around 6-9 degrees. I kept the alignment the same a -3 front, 6.4 caster, 0 toe, -3 rear, 1/16th" total rear toe in. I wanted to see how the car feels with the new arms and other parts that were installed. I will probably try experimenting with shortening the arm by a few more millimeters and maybe some more caster.

The ASM front lower bar was also installed along with the Spoon rigid steering rack collars. You can see the front ASM steering rack supports that come with the front lower bar in the photos of the Ikeya Formula arms. I will get some photos of the front lower bar the next time I have the car up in the air.
I know you will love / enjoy every bit of above parts as much as i am with Ikeya arms and spoon steering collar but really keen for your review / impression. I didnt expect that you installed all three at once as i thought you would install one by one to feel what each individual items do.

Anyway keep up the good work!

Cheers

Sillyboybmxer
7000rpm
United States of America

Had a feeling you grabbed that radiator. Nice work there

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

djdoc wrote:I know you will love / enjoy every bit of above parts as much as i am with Ikeya arms and spoon steering collar but really keen for your review / impression. I didnt expect that you installed all three at once as i thought you would install one by one to feel what each individual items do.

Anyway keep up the good work!

Cheers
Yeah it was just one of those things where it made much more sense to do it all at once, since steering rack bushings and arms require new alignment. And installing the ASM bar steering rack braces is much easier to do as part of that process as well.

Haven't had the chance to do a lot of testing with it all yet, but I can definitely say the combination of steering rack bushings and ASM bars makes for a nice increase in feel from the front of the car up through the footwell which is pretty interesting. You sort of get more feedback through the footwell as the load increases at the front, which makes it really easy to tell what the front end is doing. Overall the front end seems to be more stable when braking hard over rough surfaces as well, which for mountain driving is wonderful.

With the slightly shorter upper arms the front gains camber more quickly when it is under load, so the ability of the car to turn in under braking is just glorious. And the front end is so stable under braking now, with very little drama through the steering wheel, it is just begging you to brake later and later. Definitely looking forward to doing more testing with all this.

Topic Author
andrewhake
Admin
United States of America

MoTeC C125 display logger mockup

Nearly finished with a animated mockup for a MoTeC C125 display logger. Once I learned that tire temp was possible (a company called Izze Racing makes some amazing IR tire sensors), I was motivated to again to seeing what I could fit and what I would want in a display logger. The MoTeC C125 is a 5" display which is larger than the previous one I was looking into, and is available as much more of a complete package that can easily talk to OBDII and work with GPS lap timing and various other sensors so it looks like the solution I will be trying out. This will definitely not be replacing the OEM gauge cluster and is just meant to supplement it as far as real-time data is concerned. The real beauty is the amount of data a device like this can log for later analysis and review after the fact. Most likely it would be mounted next to the AC controls and be removable.

The C125 can have multiple page layouts so this is just the one I was working on at the moment. Obviously a reference lap and delta isn't very useful on the street so I will have another mode to display other data when that is not needed. No real ETA on all this but it is something I am definitely still planning on doing.

Return to “Projects”